WebService authentication using SSl and Ananymous RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a requirement to use SSL with a service account and Anonymous with another service account.

This is not working 

If I disable Anonymous SSl is working. But I need both or a way to access the service with a service account and SSL.

I tried using rolebased authorization but no luck. This is my code. Please help me with this.

<authentication>
    <anonymousAuthentication enabled="true" username="ServiceAccount02" password="*****"/>
                   <iisClientCertificateMappingAuthentication enabled="true" oneToOneCertificateMappingsEnabled="true" manyToOneCertificateMappingsEnabled="false" logonMethod="ClearText">
                        <oneToOneMappings>
                            <add userName="serviceaccount1" password="*****" certificate="*********" />
                        </oneToOneMappings>
                    </iisClientCertificateMappingAuthentication>

<windowsAuthentication enabled="true" useKernelMode="false" />
                </authentication>

<access sslFlags="Ssl, SslNegotiateCert, Ssl128" />

Monday, July 24, 2017 11:33 AM

All replies

• Hi Ramya,

Do you mean asp.net web service, if so, please check the following document, which provide detailed steps to achieve it.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms996415.aspx

In addition, since it is asp.net web service issue, I would suggest that you could post your issue on the following forum for suitable support.

https://forums.asp.net/28.aspx/1?WCF+ASMX+and+other+Web+Services

Best regards,

Cole Wu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, July 25, 2017 7:12 AM