none
redistributing EnableDotNet3.exe RRS feed

• General discussion

• I am not quite sure if this is the correct forum, but I'll give it a try anyway:

In my company, we are currently builing an installer for an application, that requires .Net Framework 3.0.
    This application is intended to run on Vista (SP1).
    When building the installer with Visual Studio,  we get a small application called EnableDotNet3.exe.
    Executing this application seems to be necessary to enable the .Net 3.0 Framework on Vista systems.

My question is: is it legal to redistribute EnableDotNet3.exe on our installer CD?

Then a second question: Does anybody know if EnableDotNet3.exe is available on an official MS download site?

Any help is greatly appreciated!
    • Changed type Figo Fei Monday, December 8, 2008 2:55 AM to comment
    Tuesday, December 2, 2008 2:40 PM

All replies

• Did you built EnableDotNet3.exe by using Visual Studio setup project only?
    Did you mean that EnableDotNet3.exe is a MSI setup excution which includes enable .NET 3.0 feature on target Vista machine?
    If .NET 3.0 already enabled on Vista, it will do nothing but just install your application on the target?

thanks.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. http://forums.msdn.microsoft.com/en-US/vssetup/thread/60424309-bd78-4ca2-b618-03c4a16123b6
    Thursday, December 4, 2008 5:42 AM