Event 1000 & 1026 Errors RRS feed

• Question

• User-1910975245 posted

I  have a windows command line application that retrieves information from a SQL database.  This information is then used to populate a new Excel workbook and saves it as an xls file.  The application works as specified from the command line.  However, when I try executing the same application through an ASP.NET webpage on the web server, it executes part way and the Excel process becomes orphaned.

The only information I have to go on from the event viewer are the following errors.

1st Error: (#1000 Application Error)

Faulting application name: xl.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5159c582

Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.1.7601.17651, time stamp: 0x4e211319

Exception code: 0xe0434352

Fault offset: 0x0000b9bc

Faulting process id: 0x5bc

Faulting application start time: 0x01ce315fe8ce455b

Faulting application path: D:\Inetpub\www\build\report\xl.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\syswow64\KERNELBASE.dll

Report Id: 279d396c-9d53-11e2-863b-6ad9cec2af31

2nd Error: (#1026 .NET Runtime)

Application: xl.exe

Framework Version: v4.0.30319

Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.

Exception Info: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException

Stack:

at System.RuntimeType.ForwardCallToInvokeMember(System.String, System.Reflection.BindingFlags, System.Object, Int32[], System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.MessageData ByRef)

at Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.PageSetup.set_PaperSize(Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.XlPaperSize)

at AdvOffice.AdvExcel.InitializeWorksheet(Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.Worksheet)

at ExcelCheckList.ScoreSheet..ctor(Boolean, Boolean, System.String, Int32)

at STP.Program.Main(System.String[])

Please note that these errors do not appear when executing the same app from the command line.

Any suggestions on how to suppress these errors so that my application can execute is much appreciated.

Monday, April 29, 2013 1:04 PM

All replies

• Monday, April 29, 2013 1:15 PM
  • User-1910975245 posted

If this was the case, then why does it run from the command line on the web server without any problems?

Please note that this problem occurs when an ASP.NET web form tries to execute this command line program.

Monday, April 29, 2013 1:22 PM
  • User-983485482 posted

I have a very similar problem - were you able to get this resolved?

In my case, the calling program is a service.  When I run it from the command line it works without issue.

*** UPDATE ***

The problem appears to be security related.  Our GPO had been reconfigured - unfortunately I do not know specifics - however, that caused issues that made me switch the service to run under the local service account.

When I was running the console application from the command prompt, I was logged in as a domain account with local admin rights.

Once our domain account with local admin (and service) rights was removed from the GPO, and the service was reconfigured to log in using said account, the service was able to run our console applications again.

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 9:52 AM