none
App-V 5 Global Publishing not possible with FSLogix RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to publish App-V 5 applications on a W2016 RDS host to all users (global publishing), but with FSLogix installed I get an access denied to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\AppV\Client\Integration\packageID.

Configured exclusions in redirected.xml:

<Exclude Copy="0">AppData\Local\Microsoft\AppV</Exclude>
    <Exclude Copy="0">AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\AppV\Client\Catalog</Exclude>

After uninstalling FSLogix global publishing works fine.

Does someone know how to fix this?

Monday, December 23, 2019 11:55 AM

Answers

• Thanks for your replies. I just found out what was causing this issue. I added the FSLogix Application Mask rules to the host which resulted in the AppVClient.exe not able to write to the C:\ProgramData\App-V\~packageID~ folder.

I added the AppVClient.exe as a process to the App Rules which solves the issue.

• Edited by steffiem Tuesday, December 24, 2019 12:34 PM
    • Marked as answer by steffiem Tuesday, December 24, 2019 5:51 PM
    Tuesday, December 24, 2019 12:33 PM

All replies

• I'm trying to publish App-V 5 applications on a W2016 RDS host to all users (global publishing), but with FSLogix installed I get an access denied to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\AppV\Client\Integration\packageID.

Configured exclusions in redirected.xml:

<Exclude Copy="0">AppData\Local\Microsoft\AppV</Exclude>
    <Exclude Copy="0">AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\AppV\Client\Catalog</Exclude>

After uninstalling FSLogix global publishing works fine.

Does someone know how to fix this?

Can you send us a procmon of this access denied occurring?  We will try to figure out what is happening here.
    Monday, December 23, 2019 8:16 PM
  • We're using App-V with FSLogix, latest version no problems at all. Global publishing as well. We don't exclude anything btw, maybe you should test it without exclusions?

Tuesday, December 24, 2019 8:04 AM
  • Thanks for your replies. I just found out what was causing this issue. I added the FSLogix Application Mask rules to the host which resulted in the AppVClient.exe not able to write to the C:\ProgramData\App-V\~packageID~ folder.

I added the AppVClient.exe as a process to the App Rules which solves the issue.

• Edited by steffiem Tuesday, December 24, 2019 12:34 PM
    • Marked as answer by steffiem Tuesday, December 24, 2019 5:51 PM
    Tuesday, December 24, 2019 12:33 PM