copy solution from IIS into Visual Studio and work RRS feed

• Question

• User1493352066 posted

i have a deployed ASP.Net solution in IIS which is working fine.
    However, i am unable to find the Visual studio solution for the above.
    What are the options do i have?

1) create ASP.Net web application project and incorporate the copied fiels from IIS and attach to the project and then compile.
    2) create ASP.Net WebSite. copy the files from IIS into the folder and Nest related files.

In both the cases I am getting compile time errors while building.

So, my assumtion is that its because of two reasons either the references are missing as existed or some of the files are present in IIS and not used
    are also included in the project - these files were not included in the project and later put in the IIS.

So, could you please shed some light what really might be the possible issue.

Thanks

Wednesday, July 9, 2014 12:55 PM

Answers

• User-2010311731 posted

Is the application in IIS compiled?  You can usually tell if all of the code-behind files (*.cs or *.vb) are missing and you have a bunch of DLLs in the bin folder (like App_Code.dll).  If it is compiled, you won't be able to edit in Visual Studio unless you use a decompiler.  The problem with that is the decompiler is translating binary back to text and won't know the original variable names.  Here is a pretty good free decompiler if you need it...

http://www.telerik.com/products/decompiler.aspx

Matt

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, July 9, 2014 1:23 PM