none
Error returned when enumerating the network resources. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi folks,

In my program, i used the WNetEnumResource API to enumerate the network resources. It works fine in other operating systems (Windows Server 2003 and Windows 2000). But when i run the program in Windows Server 2008. The WNetEnumResource returned error:

The error code is:1208 (ERROR_EXTENDED_ERROR).

And i used the WNetGetLastError to get detail error code. The extended error code is 6118, which means "The list of servers for this workgroup is not currently available." What could be the cause of this problem?

Thanks very much.

Wednesday, July 2, 2008 4:04 AM

Answers

• Hi Jian,

This problem occurs when you try to open the network neighborhood and locate a workgroup, you receive this error message when you try to browse the workgroup. Additionally, nothing is listed in the workgroup.

You need to add the name of the Domain which you are trying to access. I am not sure if this is the solution but you may try this.

Hope above helps.

Thanks.

Wednesday, July 2, 2008 9:16 PM

All replies

• Hi Jian,

This problem occurs when you try to open the network neighborhood and locate a workgroup, you receive this error message when you try to browse the workgroup. Additionally, nothing is listed in the workgroup.

You need to add the name of the Domain which you are trying to access. I am not sure if this is the solution but you may try this.

Hope above helps.

Thanks.

Wednesday, July 2, 2008 9:16 PM
  • I have the same problem

Net View \DOMAIN:workgroupname

This does not work.

Good systems are supportable
    Thursday, May 6, 2010 4:47 PM