Creating custom Output sink for Azure Streaming job and add it to personal MSDN portal RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I want to add a custom output sink in Azure Streaming Analytics (AzureStreaming Analytics -> Job Topology -> outputs) using Azure SDK. As Azure only provides output sinks like SQL Database, Event hub, Service Bus Queue, Service Bus topic etc, is it possible to create your own output sink and add it to Azure portal such that it should be available like other Output sinks in my account. I have figured out that, using Azure SDK, I can read data from Service Bus/Event Hub but it needs deploying a new Virtual machine to run the required code. Instead, I want to integerate my custom output sink along with readily available sink under (AzureStreaming Analytics -> Job Topology -> outputs).

Could anyone help me with this; is it possible or not?

Regards,

Surinder Sokhal

Monday, June 26, 2017 6:22 PM

All replies

• Hi Surinder,

As you noticed, Azure Stream Analytics can only use the following output sinks: SQL database, Blob, Event hub, Table storage, Service bus Queue, Service Bus Topic, CosmosDB / DocumentDB, Power Bi and Data Lake Store. Note that we regularly add more output types to this list, so if you have any specific output sink in mind, let us know.

To answer your question, I understand you may not want to deploy a VM just to redirect your output. What could be possible for you is to use Event hub as output of ASA, and then use Azure Function to trigger some code based on Event hub messages. You can find more info here.

Sorry for the inconvenience. Let me know if this will work for you.

Thanks,

JS

Tuesday, June 27, 2017 12:18 AM