problems with the app certification, unable to execute the test

Question

• I attempted to download and run the app certification test, but it didnt start.  Instead I got this error message.  "The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect"

When I searched for the error message, it said that it was a windows 7 error mostly but had different steps for other OS's, but nothing for windows 8.

There was no entry in the application event log for this

Thursday, February 7, 2013 4:07 PM

Answers

• Hi Rob,

I though the kit was missing because the search term in the article was incorrrect, but perhaps it was there.  I downloaded the SDK and then no problems.

thanks,

Friday, February 8, 2013 6:04 AM

All replies

• I tried running the test on my laptop and received the same error.
    Thursday, February 7, 2013 9:43 PM
  • Can you explain what exactly you did? Which version of the App Cert Kit are you using? You shouldn't need to download the App Cert Kit - it is installed with Visual Studio. The SxS error usually means that you are missing components that the app requires. This may happen if you run a VS2010 app on a system without the VS2010 runtimes.

--Rob

Friday, February 8, 2013 4:11 AM
  • Hi Rob,

I though the kit was missing because the search term in the article was incorrrect, but perhaps it was there.  I downloaded the SDK and then no problems.

thanks,

Friday, February 8, 2013 6:04 AM