none
Multiple filters on s SharePoint list RRS feed

• Question

• I've looked all over and did find one link that shows how this is done, but it doesn't seem to work.

From: https://techtrainingnotes.blogspot.com/2012/03/sharepoint-search-filter-or-sort-lists.html

?FilterField1=AssignedTo&FilterValue1=Luis Bonifaz&FilterName=Title&FilterMultiValue=*meeting*

I have a list of systems with the managers and patch days.  Our patch days are Production [day], Production 2nd [day], Production 3rd [day].  I want to limit, say, all of Production 2nd to one manager.  I should be able to use

?FilterField1=IT%5Fx0020%5FManager%5Fx0020%5FEmail&FilterValue1=Joe.Schmo@contoso.com&FilterName=Patch%5Fx0020%5FDay&FilterMultiValue=*2nd*

Alternatively for FilterMultiValue, I can use =Production%202nd%20Monday;Production%202nd%20Tuesday

Looking at the email address works fine.  Looking at the MultiValue part of the query works fine.  When I combine them, the multivalue works, but the other field is ignored.

Tuesday, January 21, 2020 3:36 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Per my test, the url works on my environment. How do you combine the url? Please share more details.

Below are my test.

The list is like this:

Filter the email adress using the url: 

?FilterField1=IT_x0020_Manager_x0020_Email&FilterValue1=michael@contoso.com

Filter the patch day using the url:

?FilterName=Patch_x0020_Day&FilterMultiValue=*2nd*

Combine the url:

?FilterField1=IT_x0020_Manager_x0020_Email&FilterValue1=michael@contoso.com&FilterName=Patch_x0020_Day&FilterMultiValue=*2nd*

Or this url:

?FilterField1=IT_x0020_Manager_x0020_Email&FilterValue1=michael@contoso.com&FilterName=Patch_x0020_Day&FilterMultiValue=Production%202nd%20Monday;Production%202nd%20Tuesday

Best Regards,

Michael Han

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Wednesday, January 22, 2020 7:14 AM
  • I will go though this again, but I'm certain I formed the URL in the same manner as each of your examples above.  I will run through it all again and post back success/failure. 

Thanks,

J.

Wednesday, January 22, 2020 1:05 PM
  • With your examples, I had pretty much the same results as my attempts.  I'm thinking it could be something with the list itself.  Sadly, I cannot see anything outside the data - I have read-only access to the page.

In your first combined example, the "patch days" are filtered, but the IT Manager isn't filtered.

In the second, the days are not filtered.  The manager is - except that blank entries are also included.

I'll have to see if I can get my access to the list updated so that I can see internal names, etc.

Wednesday, January 22, 2020 1:56 PM
  • Hi,

You could try to filter the field, then check the url. Thus would help you see the url.

Best Regards,

Michael Han

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Thursday, January 23, 2020 12:52 AM
  • Hi,

Is there anything update?

Please remember to mark the reply as an answer if it helps you.

Best Regards,

Michael Han

Friday, January 31, 2020 2:15 AM