none
Problem with ServiceBus - certificate error RRS feed

• Question

• Hello!
    There is Sharepoint 2013 with Workwlow 2013. Recently ended automatically generated workflow certificate AppServerGeneratedSBCA and the ServiceBus service certificate. After issuing the new self-signed certificate and installing it with the "Set-SBCertificate" command, the error is: "Certificate requested with a thumbprint" expired certificate number "not found in the certificate store". However, the expired certificate is in LocalMachine \ My, but the system does not see it. If you try to restore an expired certificate through the "certutil -repairstore my" command, then the "Object was not found" error occurs.
    How to configure automatic certificate generation or to bind a self-signed certificate?

• Edited by Mishgafon Monday, July 9, 2018 7:38 AM
    Monday, July 9, 2018 7:34 AM

Answers

• Hi Mishgafon,

You can simply restore your expired cert so it can be renewed. Follow below steps:

1. Logon to your certificate authority.

2. Find the issued certificate request by using the filter by using the certificate hash field and enter the thumbprint for the expired certificate. (note: thumbprint format uses spaces).

3. Select the certificate and export as binary and save as using the .cer file extension.

4. Copy the .cer file to your service bus server.

5. Import the certificate to the local store.

6. Open the certificate store, and view the properties of the imported certificate. select the details tab and note down the serial number.

7. Open command prompt as administrator and run the following: certutil -repairstore my “serialnumber”.

8. Open powershell as administrator and run the following: get-sbfarm.

9. Run the following start-sbfarm.

10. You now can follow the procedure to renew a expired certificate.

Reference:

http://www.gi-architects.co.uk/2016/10/renew-deleted-expired-certificate-for-windows-service-bus-2/

In addition, you can also try to uninstall the workflow manager. Just remove the registry entries, uninstall everything and reboot. Then reinstall workflow manager and rejoin the workflow manager farm. 

Best regards,

Allen Bai

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, July 10, 2018 8:32 AM

All replies

• Hi Mishgafon,

You can simply restore your expired cert so it can be renewed. Follow below steps:

1. Logon to your certificate authority.

2. Find the issued certificate request by using the filter by using the certificate hash field and enter the thumbprint for the expired certificate. (note: thumbprint format uses spaces).

3. Select the certificate and export as binary and save as using the .cer file extension.

4. Copy the .cer file to your service bus server.

5. Import the certificate to the local store.

6. Open the certificate store, and view the properties of the imported certificate. select the details tab and note down the serial number.

7. Open command prompt as administrator and run the following: certutil -repairstore my “serialnumber”.

8. Open powershell as administrator and run the following: get-sbfarm.

9. Run the following start-sbfarm.

10. You now can follow the procedure to renew a expired certificate.

Reference:

http://www.gi-architects.co.uk/2016/10/renew-deleted-expired-certificate-for-windows-service-bus-2/

In addition, you can also try to uninstall the workflow manager. Just remove the registry entries, uninstall everything and reboot. Then reinstall workflow manager and rejoin the workflow manager farm. 

Best regards,

Allen Bai

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, July 10, 2018 8:32 AM
  • Hi Mishgafon,

How are things going?

If you think my suggestion is helpful, you could mark it as an answer. It will help others who meet the similar question in this forum.

Best regards,

Allen Bai

Thursday, July 19, 2018 2:48 AM
  • Thanks for the help!
    I reinstalled Service Bus. Before the procedure for reinstalling the service, I translated the current date for the period when the service certificates were still valid.
    Monday, July 23, 2018 6:59 AM