none
Removing another users installation RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hello,

I hope I have posted this in the right group Smile

We are experiencing a problem with Just Me installations. In the past we used a general DEPLOY user to install applications on to servers. For BizTalk 04 applications the DEPLOY user had to install with the JUST ME option.

Now we have changed the deploying procedure and each release manager has to use his own user to install applications.

Problem is that these users cannot remove previous versions because they are installed with the Just Me option from the DEPLOY user.

Does anyone have an idea on how to remove these installations without having to login with the DEPLOY user.

I think this must be possible. Suppose a user installs some unwanted software with just me option, would the administrator then not be able to remove it?

Thanks for the help!

Regards,

Nathan Moerman

Thursday, November 27, 2008 9:02 AM

All replies

• Can you script the uninstall with "Run As" DEPLOY user?
    Saturday, November 29, 2008 5:17 PM
  • I guess I could but doing this for every new release of an application might be cumbersome.

Would there not be a better way?

I found out that all the installations reside in the registry. There you can also find an uninstall string.

Too bad that the folders are marked with a guid and not the Installation name. Therefore you need to browse through all of them to find the installation you want to undo. Not handy also.

Any other ways?

Thx!

Monday, December 1, 2008 12:38 PM