none
Printer install failed RRS feed

• Question

• Good afternoon all. I hope I can be helped with this problem.

Setup:

Virtual server running server 2008 R2 running terminal services, hosted by Hyper-V.

Host Server is the DC. Also running Server 2008 R2.

There was a huge fiasco with HP printer drivers that caused a particular driver to replicate itself thousands of times on the terminal server and we got Microsoft to come in and help clean them up. They had created thousands of .DLL files as well as registry entries. After this happened printers and adding them have become more complicated and at this point I can’t even install drivers.

There’s one HP model that I’m trying to get installed and when I try it from Windows Update or from the basic driver from HP it says this “Printer driver was not installed. Operation could not be completed (error 0x00000002). As a note this happens when I attempt to install ANY printer driver at this point. I tried generic ones and it gives the same error so I do not believe the problem is with the specific driver itself but with the driver installation that’s occurring regardless of the drivers.

I have also tried adding the printer driver itself independent of the printer through the printui command. I have already research this problem at length; please don’t post any generic solutions from google. I have attempted many different methods to install this printer and what we’re looking for at this point is a way to prevent this error from occurring.

Tuesday, October 8, 2013 8:03 PM