Converting Multiple Excel formulas to Single DAX formula RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to find a way in powerpivot of combining three 4 validation test columns into one column. The idea is that if the result in test 3 comes up with 'Exclude', I will filter it out of of a measure for a calculation I am doing. I have demonstated the calculations I am trying to combine in fields k-n, not sure if anyone can help arrive at this result in one single powerpivot calculation - thanks for looking at this if you can help.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=B5D3C9D77C8E76FB!1344&authkey=!ABsaTOjjG2RAYHU&ithint=file%2cxlsx

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 1:25 PM

Answers

• Grinch,

Combining into a single column would be possible but not advised, due to the complexity of the logic you are using. I would recommend - keeping the intermediate columns as shown to get to final result. Then you can right click and choose "Hide from Client Tools" for all the intermediate columns so that they are not visible to the user (in the Pivot Table Field List).

Please vote or mark as answer if you found the response helpful.

Regards, Avi www.powerpivotpro.com PowerPivotPro

Wiki:How to ask a Power Pivot Question to get a prompt, accurate and helpful response

• Proposed as answer by Michael Amadi Wednesday, March 4, 2015 6:56 AM
    • Marked as answer by Charlie Liao Monday, March 9, 2015 5:44 AM
    Wednesday, March 4, 2015 5:31 AM