style sheet will not update when published RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to change the background color for the header from b35700 to b64101. I put this change into the style sheet along with a comment (new_style.css) and published it to the site, www.15east.net. The new code, shown below, just changes the color number:

div#header{
        height: 100px;
        background-color:#B64101;  /* Changed from #B35700*/

text-align: center;border:none;
    }

When I preview using the developer server the color change is correct. However, the color change does not appear in the actual website. When I use developer toolbar in firefox to look at the css for the actual webpage it still shows the old color and it does not look like the page was actually updated. What am I missing here?

• Edited by Injun1 Wednesday, March 21, 2012 5:31 PM
    Wednesday, March 21, 2012 4:59 PM

Answers

• If you really are changing the style in the style sheet new_style.css, you are not calling that sheet from your home page. The style sheet listed there is new_site.css

Or maybe you're not putting the sheet where your home page is looking for it: http://15east.net/styles/new_site.css . It may be in a different folder on the server.

Comic Sans walks into a bar. The bartender says, "Get out! We don't serve your type."

• Marked as answer by Injun1 Wednesday, March 21, 2012 7:56 PM
    Wednesday, March 21, 2012 5:43 PM

All replies

• If you really are changing the style in the style sheet new_style.css, you are not calling that sheet from your home page. The style sheet listed there is new_site.css

Or maybe you're not putting the sheet where your home page is looking for it: http://15east.net/styles/new_site.css . It may be in a different folder on the server.

Comic Sans walks into a bar. The bartender says, "Get out! We don't serve your type."

• Marked as answer by Injun1 Wednesday, March 21, 2012 7:56 PM
    Wednesday, March 21, 2012 5:43 PM
  • Try clearing your temporary internet files in all browsers.

Expression Web MVP

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 6:07 PM
  • The site is showing the correct color (#B64101).  If you don't see it, clear your browser cache.

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 8:00 PM
  • the sheet is new_site.css. I had it in a directory Styles but had the link on the web page as styles/new_site.css. I didn't notice the upper case vs lower case difference. Only one directory shows up on the site but I guess it does make a difference. I changed the directory name to make it lower case, re-published the sheet and it looks fine now.

Thank you for your help. I probably would have been staring at this for days otherwise.

cfarmer

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 8:03 PM