Formatting a matrix column grouping RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a SSRS 2010 Matrix table that I'm trying to format properly.  I have a column group field named BUYS_SELLS that is summing up my PROCEEDS field into 'AUM', 'AUM PERCENTAGES', 'BUYS', 'SELLS', 'NEW_MONEY' buckets.  This seems to be working properly but I'm running into issues with formatting.

I would like 'AUM', 'BUYS', 'SELLS', 'NEW_MONEY' to be formatted as currency and 'AUM PERCENTAGES' to be formatted as a percent.

Using the textbox properties is not letting me control the 'AUM PERCENTAGE' format on its own.  Is there any way to control the formatted with logic with a expression?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

x

Wednesday, June 4, 2014 2:21 PM

Answers

• I got it to work using the following expression in the Custom Number Format expression

=IIF(Fields!BUYS_SELLS.Value =

"AUM PERCENTAGES","###.#'%'","$###,###,###,###.##")

x

• Marked as answer by malibu2 Thursday, June 5, 2014 2:08 PM
    Thursday, June 5, 2014 2:08 PM

All replies

• Yep its possible

you can use an expression like

IIF(Fields!FieldName.Value = "AUM PERCENTAGES","#.#0%;(#.#0%)","#,##,###.#0;(#,##,###.#0)")

Please Mark This As Answer if it helps to solve the issue Visakh ---------------------------- http://visakhm.blogspot.com/ https://www.facebook.com/VmBlogs

Wednesday, June 4, 2014 2:28 PM
  • Where do I place the expression?

I have all the data formatted as currency in the [Sum(PROCEEDS) textbox in the number section.

Thanks for your help, I'm just starting out with SSRS.

x

Wednesday, June 4, 2014 2:55 PM
  • I'm guessing that I need to do something like this with a Custom number expression.  I can't seem to get the expression correct yet.

"AUM PERCENTAGES","#.#0%;(#.#0%)",IIF(Fields!BUYS_SELLS.Value = "AUM","($#,###.#0)",IIF(Fields!BUYS_SELLS.Value = "BUYS","($#,###.#0)",IIF(Fields!BUYS_SELLS.Value = "SELLS","($#,###.#0)",IIF(Fields!BUYS_SELLS.Value = "NEW_MONEY","($#,###.#0)"

x

Wednesday, June 4, 2014 5:43 PM
  • I got it to work using the following expression in the Custom Number Format expression

"AUM PERCENTAGES","###.#'%'","$###,###,###,###.##")

x

• Marked as answer by malibu2 Thursday, June 5, 2014 2:08 PM
    Thursday, June 5, 2014 2:08 PM