Embedded C++ SKD problems RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there. I have just started using Ec++ to design an application for a PDA. I also downloaded the Standard SDK 5 which worked well till now.

Recently I downloaded a code from the internet. It is a code written in Ec++ itself and for a Windows Mobile 2003 device. When i try to compile the program I get the following error message:

" The application targeting a standard SDK for Windows CE.net and built for the SH4 CPU cannot be run on the Emulator device. Inorder to run this application on any CPU other than the Emulator you will have to install an SDK that is compatible with the standard SDK for Windows CE.net, the target a shadow platform pertaining to that SDK.
    Please see EVC documentation for more details."

Can anyone please help me with this....Smile

Thanks in advance
    Sunday, March 8, 2009 5:08 PM

Answers

• Hi Gauravxxx,

Firstly, eVC  is EOL (past mainstream support). I suggest you use VS 2005 (SE or above) and VS 2008 (Pro and above).

Secondly, from your error, it seems you don't install WM2003 SDK, standard SDK 5.0 don't include WM2003 SDK, VS2005 or VS2008 is shipped with wm2003 SDK automatically.

Best regards,
    Guang-Ming Bian - MSFT

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help
    Wednesday, March 11, 2009 2:29 AM