Problems trying to create a user - @TimeZoneAdjustment RRS feed

• Question

• User-2103635949 posted
    I was able to get the application to install and compile without incident. but once I try and create my first user, I get the following error.

Any help would be appreciated, as I was unable to figure out where exactly this proc was being called from.

Server Error in '/Time Tracker Starter Kit' Application.

Procedure or Function 'aspnet_Membership_CreateUser' expects parameter '@TimeZoneAdjustment', which was not supplied.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Procedure or Function 'aspnet_Membership_CreateUser' expects parameter '@TimeZoneAdjustment', which was not supplied.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.
    Monday, July 18, 2005 11:57 AM

All replies

• User-838177377 posted
    The sproc is called from the built-in membership provider.  What version of .NET 2.0 are you running?  This is possibly a newer version of .NET 2.0 running against the old timetracker database.  You should rerun the membership sql scripts to update the timetracker db to the latest for your current version of .NET 2.0.  You can do this by browsing to C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.xxxxx\ and running aspnet_regsql.exe with the appropriate options against you timetracker database.  Use aspnet_regsql /? to see the help. 
    Monday, July 25, 2005 9:23 PM
  • User1008442392 posted
    just in case this is too vague, have a look here: http://weblogs.asp.net/lhunt/archive/2005/09/26/425966.aspx . Worked for me!
    Thursday, October 20, 2005 5:11 PM
  • User1122982752 posted
    You can do this by browsing to C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.xxxxx\ and running aspnet_regsql.exe with the appropriate options against you timetracker database.  Use aspnet_regsql /? to see the help. 

Running aspnet_regsql in wizard mode makes it an easy operation:
    • Run aspnet_regsql -W
    • Select Configure SQL Server for application services
    • Select your database: For SQLExpress services: Your servername will be something like COMPUTERNAME/SQLEXPRESS
    That's it!

Wednesday, November 16, 2005 5:21 AM