Publishing WIndows Desktop Apps RRS feed

• Question

• Dear All,

We are working on creating WIndows desktop apps for WIndows 8 desktops and SUrface tablets running Intel.

We are going to use traditional .NET runtime and WIn32 APIS for this development and not use WIndows runtime (for store apps).

We are not developing store apps for some reasons. 

Questions are,

1.Even windows desktop apps can be distributed through Windows store. (this is what I read in one of the links).

So, with our model above (use traditional .NET runtime and WIn32 APIS for this development and not use WIndows runtime) will we be able to distribute the desktop apps in windows store?

2. Or is there any restriction that, only the windowsruntime-api based code can be distributed through store apps?

Thanks in advance.

• Moved by Roberts_E Thursday, September 19, 2013 8:31 PM contingent staff
    Thursday, September 19, 2013 12:55 PM

Answers

• no there isnt futher limitations. the store wont install the app. its just a link to a download page. so it doesnt matter what the desktop app is using.

Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer - Windows Store Apps Using C#

Thursday, September 19, 2013 1:53 PM

All replies

• Desktop apps can be published in the windows store, but cant be downloaded through the windows store. only a link will popup. have look how its done with visual studio and office.

and see: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/windowsstore/archive/2012/06/08/listing-your-desktop-app-in-the-store.aspx

Thursday, September 19, 2013 1:00 PM
  • Dave

thanks a lot for the quick response. 

I now understand the download part. But, can u please also tell me about below query?

"

1.Even windows desktop apps can be distributed through Windows store. (this is what I read in one of the links).

So, with our model above (use traditional .NET runtime and WIn32 APIS for this development and not use WIndows runtime) will we be able to distribute the desktop apps in windows store?

2. Or is there any restriction that, only the windowsruntime-api based code can be distributed through store apps?"

Thursday, September 19, 2013 1:50 PM
  • no there isnt futher limitations. the store wont install the app. its just a link to a download page. so it doesnt matter what the desktop app is using.

Thursday, September 19, 2013 1:53 PM
  • great, thanks Dave
    Thursday, September 19, 2013 2:22 PM