Is it possible to access keywords with javascript client-side? RRS feed

• Question

• I have just learned how to access managed metadata clientside with javascript (using a site column) and how to access site lists. But now I need to access/query the keywords "list" to get some terms and their ids. I hoped to use the same techniques as for managed metadata or site lists, but alas; the keywords are not listed as managed metadata and it is also not a site list.

Some posts I found on the web suggested that keywords could found in the TaxonomyHiddenList. However, that list is empty and the keywords I added (using Site Settings > Search keywords) do not show up.

Is there a way to query for keywords using javascript?

Friday, March 30, 2012 11:20 AM

Answers

• Hi Bert!

The TaxonomyHiddenList will only have metadata used in the site collection - so if you add an Enterprise Keyword Column to a list or library, and keywords used there will show up in the TaxonomyHiddenList. (List Settings -> Permissions and Management -> Enterprise Metadata and Keyword Settings)

...and then "Add and Enterprise Keywords column..."

Give this a go, and you'll see your keywords show up even if you access TaxonomyHiddenList via the client object model.

Hope this helps!

joel

joel
    Joel's SharePoint Architect Blog
    joelblogs.co.uk
    Want SharePoint Training?

Friday, March 30, 2012 6:49 PM