none
AzureAD -> Pass-through authentication + Seamless SSO -> PowerBi

Question

• Hi,

Fundamentally this is a PowerBi.com question but somehow i thought it would reach more AAD+SSO specific knowledge by posting here. 

We have PTA+SSO implemented and portal.office.com, myapps etc SSO's fine. Our issue is when people share PowerBI dashboards. If the browser session is currently unauthenticated PBi.com sends the user to the Common login endpoint which gives the user a prompt for username (not password). 

Is anyone aware of a way to inject a domain hint into a static PowerBI report URL or does anyone have any other ideas as to how we can accomplish SSO to PBI reports?

Thanks in advance,

Chris

Monday, May 20, 2019 12:23 PM

All replies

• The domain hint needs to be added by the service itself when it redirects for authorization on the common endpoint because the user cannot add the same on the fly while clicking the PBI dashboard link . As per my test , its by design that you have to provide the user name on the authorization page to access the dashboard . I tried finding some setting within the PowerBI from where this could be done but was unable to find it . I would suggest to post it in PowerBI forums https://community.powerbi.com/

Hope the information helps. 

Please take a moment to "Mark as Answer" and/or "Vote as Helpful" wherever applicable. Thanks!!

Tuesday, May 21, 2019 3:43 PM
  • Please let us know if the above reply was helpful to you. If so, do remember to mark as answer so that others in the community facing similar problems can more easily find a solution.
    Wednesday, June 5, 2019 8:14 PM