Can't debug windows store apps in my local or remote computer: DEP3000 : Attempts to stop the application failed. This may cause the deployment to fail.

Question

• Hi,

suddenly I couldn't debug my Store app in my local computer (I could in my ARM tablet though). Then I updated my VS2013 Express to Update 3, and did all Windows updates.

Now it fails debugging even an empty template app!

I checked even old versions of my app, and still the same problem!

It says:

2>Error : DEP3000 : Attempts to stop the application failed. This may cause the deployment to fail. 
    2>Unable to connect to the Microsoft Visual Studio Remote Debugging Monitor named ''.  Failed to process configuration file. Try to restart this application. If failures continue, try to repair your installation.

I have tried with x64, Any CPU, x86, but still nothing. My Local Computer is x64.

Same when trying to debug to my ARM remote machine.

I "repaired" my VS2013 but still problem remains.

Any help please?

Thanks

• Edited by pf16mirage Wednesday, September 24, 2014 6:58 AM
    Wednesday, September 24, 2014 6:57 AM

Answers

• Uninstall/reinstall? I would try that.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

• Marked as answer by pf16mirage Wednesday, September 24, 2014 6:16 PM
    Wednesday, September 24, 2014 12:35 PM