none
Skeleton missing in replay RRS feed

• Question

• I have a problem trying to replay a recording I did with Kinect Studio (version 2.0.1409.10000).

I recorded all streams (except the audio stream) and when I open the .xef file and just hit play then I can see all the data, especially the skeleton data in Kinect Studio.

But when I then try to pipe this recording into a program I have written by pressing the "Connect to service" button in the "PLAY" tab, the skeleton data will vanish and I only get the color stream and the depth data.

(If I then disconnect from the service, the missing data will show up in Kinect Studio again)

Now the odd thing is that this happens only for some recordings I have done (all of them with the same settings: all streams recorded except audio).

Could anyone provide some insights as to why this happens?

Wednesday, February 18, 2015 3:52 PM

All replies

• Did you record both depth and IR in the recording? Kinect Studio regenerates body data when in connected mode. Recording the body data in the clip is only used while using VGB.

Additionally, you should be following the best practice of covering the sensor before starting to record your clip to ensure you always have a deterministic lock-on to that body since you are always feeding it the same frames over and over.

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

Wednesday, February 18, 2015 8:38 PM