none
Bandwidth throttling on ports RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I don't know if this is the correct forum to ask this sort of thing, but I was unable to find a more appropriate forum among the MSDN forums. I am a new administrator of a machine running Windows Server 2003. I inherited the set up, so I am not totally familiar with how it is configured and I have no way of contacting the person who set it up.

I am running a custom written server on Port 5000 on this machine. Numerous clients log into this server from all over the world and interact with it over TCP/IP. But the port the server is running very slowly. It's transfer rates are between 1 Kb/s and 10 Kb/s. The rates are this slow only when information is being transferred from the clients to the server. When the server transfers data to the clients, the transfer rate is normal.

The server porgram itself is fine. If I run it on a different machine, then it interacts nicely with the clients, and the transfer rates are normal. Does anyone know what could be causing this? Is there some sort of setting in the Windows Server which throttles bandwidths on specific ports?

Thanks!
    Tuesday, January 6, 2009 1:00 AM