Need help with asp.net shopping cart website RRS feed

• Question

• User-766720273 posted

Hello all, I have an asp.net based shopping cart website.
    I was hoping someone could tell me if all of the items on my site are stored in one file and where it might be located it so I could easily edit the items en masse and just reuploaded as the process of editing the items through the backend is daunting.

I'm completely ignorant of how all this works so forgive my ignorance.

Monday, March 29, 2021 1:34 PM

All replies

• User409696431 posted

Well, we are also completely ignorant of your code.   An "asp.net based shopping cart website" can be written many different ways.  We have no idea what you used or what information is stored where.

Bluntly put, if you didn't write this yourself, use the backend that came with the package you did use.  A little knowledge is a dangerous thing, and you would need to know all the relationships in the database tables in whatever database stores your product information to edit it directly without breaking things.  And that's not something we could code for you.

Monday, March 29, 2021 9:51 PM
  • User1535942433 posted

Hi shoobydoobop,

I was hoping someone could tell me if all of the items on my site are stored in one file and where it might be located it so I could easily edit the items en masse and just reuploaded as the process of editing the items through the backend is daunting.

You could add a big folder in your project.And you could add the independent css or js files.They are could be added in all pages.

And the file name must be regular.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/aspnet/019e841d(v=vs.100)

Best regards,

Yijing Sun

Tuesday, March 30, 2021 5:14 AM