Can't create database RRS feed

• Question

• Hello.

I switched from free trial to paid earlier today. I still had 8 days left, which i believe is the reason i'm getting the below message.

The operation is not supported for your subscription offer type.

I have created a support ticket on billing and asked to have the remaining credits removed and ended the trial earlier. 

I hoped it will make things better but it did not. 

I still can't create database.

Please advice. Thank you.

Saturday, November 29, 2014 9:00 PM

Answers

• Hello.

Basically, those who get the error message "The operation is not supported for your subscription offer type."

have either Trial Account or a problem that needs to be fixed by Microsoft NOC team.

Thank you,

Tuesday, December 2, 2014 12:09 PM
  • Hello.

I'm connecting to the master database just fine.

Also,

The syntax i used 

CREATE DATABASE DBTESTFORAZURESQL collate SQL_Latin1_General_CPI_CI_AS
        (EDITION = 'standard', SERVICE_OBJECTIVE = 'S0');

works excellent. Also, running incorrect syntax the system informed you in advance.

Despite that the syntax in the documentation is different, working the databases all day, the syntax i used works greatly.

Regardless, I have contacted technical support.

Mr. Oleg Ignat, has seen an issue with my subscription and took care of it.

Thank you for your help.

Monday, December 1, 2014 9:42 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Before the 30 days trial ends, you have an option to remove the spending limit. If you remove the spending limit, your subscription will move into Pay As You Go after the trial period. Once you remove the spending limit, you start getting charged for consuming resources beyond your monthly allocations.

Note: The upgrade from trial to Pay-as-you-go doesn’t affect any of the services already deployed or in use.

From the description you have given, I understand that you where successfully able to convert your account from Trial to Pay-as-you-go. Firstly, You must be connected to the master database to create a new database. We need to check if you are able to connect to the master database first and then execute the CREATE DATABASE statement.

Only the server-level principal login (created by the provisioning process) or members of the dbmanager database role can create databases. Both the source and target logical servers must belong to the same Azure subscription.

For more information about creating database(Windows Azure SQL Database), see: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn268335(v=sql.120).aspx

Please check this document on creating a sample database on the Azure platform by using the Azure Management portal : http://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/articles/sql-database-get-started/

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Shirisha Paderu

Sunday, November 30, 2014 3:24 AM
  • Hello.

I"m getting this message

Msg 40827, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
    The operation is not supported for your subscription offer type.

and my sql command is

I"m connected to the master database, confirmed.

Without connecting , RUN button is greyed out.

Thank you.

Sunday, November 30, 2014 7:53 AM
  • Hi,

I suggest you try this for more information.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn268335.aspx

Syntax              

CREATE DATABASE database_name [ COLLATE collation_name ]
    {
       (<edition_options> [, ...n]) 
    }

<edition_options> ::= 
    {
          MAXSIZE = { 100 MB | 500 MB | 1 | 5 | 10 | 20 | 30 … 150…500 } GB  
        | EDITION = { 'web' | 'business' | 'basic' | 'standard' | 'premium' } 
        | SERVICE_OBJECTIVE = { 'shared' | 'basic' | 'S0' | 'S1' | 'S2' | 'P1' | 'P2' | 'P3' } 
    }
    [;]

Girish Prajwal

Monday, December 1, 2014 6:02 AM
  • Hello.

I'm connecting to the master database just fine.

Also,

The syntax i used 

works excellent. Also, running incorrect syntax the system informed you in advance.

Despite that the syntax in the documentation is different, working the databases all day, the syntax i used works greatly.

Regardless, I have contacted technical support.

Mr. Oleg Ignat, has seen an issue with my subscription and took care of it.

Thank you for your help.

Monday, December 1, 2014 9:42 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for response and the update. It would be great if you can share the workaround so that it can help others  who has the similar issues.

Regards,

Shirisha Paderu

Tuesday, December 2, 2014 11:56 AM
  • Hello.

Basically, those who get the error message "The operation is not supported for your subscription offer type."

have either Trial Account or a problem that needs to be fixed by Microsoft NOC team.

Thank you,

Tuesday, December 2, 2014 12:09 PM