No DNG-support in final release of EM2? RRS feed

• Question

• I installed the final release of Expression Media 2 and was more than surprised that there were no support for DNG-files. Having us to buy a separate plugin to have the most fundamental file support (previously existing in ver 1.0 and IView 2/3) seems almost unreal!? What is this, some thing I got wrong or??
    Friday, May 2, 2008 9:38 AM

Answers

• I had the The ArdFry codec installed in context with the EM2 Beta, but hadn't uninstalled it when installing the final EM2. Removing the The ArdFry codec solved the DNG issue. Thanks!
    Sunday, May 4, 2008 7:43 AM

All replies

•  You should be able to use the ArdFry WIC Codec which you can download here:

http://www.microsoft.com/prophoto/downloads/codecs.aspx

That supports DNG files.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Friday, May 2, 2008 3:15 PM
  • That is = Purchase DNG CODEC $29.95, when it was an included basic feature before.
    Friday, May 2, 2008 6:09 PM
  • Marcus,

The ArdFry codec is required for DNG support in the beta release of Expression Media 2.  Since you are using the official release, QuickTime 7.3.1 or later is all that is required (7.4.5 is the most recent version).  If QuickTime is not installed on with Media 2, the DNG importer will not be available.  Please let me know if you are still unable to import DNG after installing the most recent version of QuickTime.

Best Regards,

Will Brandt, MCSA MCTS
    Online Support Engineer

Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Friday, May 2, 2008 6:30 PM
  • I had the The ArdFry codec installed in context with the EM2 Beta, but hadn't uninstalled it when installing the final EM2. Removing the The ArdFry codec solved the DNG issue. Thanks!
    Sunday, May 4, 2008 7:43 AM
  • I do have the current version of Quicktime installed and I am running the current build of EM 2. I can see the DNG files but they are fuzzy. 
    Friday, May 30, 2008 12:53 AM