none
Hide FileSaveAs in Office 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

How can I hide/disable the FileSaveAs in Office 2013 products please?

Thanks.

• Edited by Bender000 Thursday, October 16, 2014 11:48 AM
    Thursday, October 16, 2014 9:26 AM

Answers

• Hello,

It looks like you need to hide/disable the Backstage UI controls - the Save tab. Here is what you can find in the Introduction to the Office 2010 Backstage View for Developers article in MSDN:

Can I repurpose one of the existing definitive command buttons, fast command buttons, or tabs by changing its onAction callback attribute? For example can I change the file Save button so that is has an additional type, or displays only one file type?

It is not possible to override these commands from the custom UI XML markup or by using the object model. Using the DocumentBeforeSave event is one alternative, but using that doesn't really change the functionality of the individual commands that show up in the Change File Type gallery in the Backstage.

A better solution would be to consider hiding the built-in UI and rebuilding it fully with custom commands.

Thursday, October 16, 2014 12:35 PM

All replies

• Hello,

It looks like you need to hide/disable the Backstage UI controls - the Save tab. Here is what you can find in the Introduction to the Office 2010 Backstage View for Developers article in MSDN:

Can I repurpose one of the existing definitive command buttons, fast command buttons, or tabs by changing its onAction callback attribute? For example can I change the file Save button so that is has an additional type, or displays only one file type?

It is not possible to override these commands from the custom UI XML markup or by using the object model. Using the DocumentBeforeSave event is one alternative, but using that doesn't really change the functionality of the individual commands that show up in the Change File Type gallery in the Backstage.

A better solution would be to consider hiding the built-in UI and rebuilding it fully with custom commands.

Thursday, October 16, 2014 12:35 PM
  • hi, thanks for your reply.

so, it looks like I cant simply hide/disable the "save as" button. and "rebuilding it fully" sounds like a biggg job.

Im amazed that MS would *remove* some functionality that was present in Word2010.

Thursday, October 16, 2014 12:46 PM