How to update the datasource metadata? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have created a powerpivot (2012) in Excel 2010 which uses an external sql server database as the datasource. Now, one of the database tables has got a new field which I want to use inside powerpivot. How do I update powerpivot to get the new field from one of my tables (without loosing my exisiting measures)?

Thanks
    Thomas 

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 4:21 PM

Answers

• If 'Refresh' does not work, you can go into the 'Table Properties'. When you click 'Table Properties' you will see the updated column. Check the column. Once you check the column, the data will be loaded back in to the table. 

Words offer the means to meaning, and for those who will listen, the enunciation of truth - V for Vendetta.

• Proposed as answer by Challen Fu Friday, April 13, 2012 9:31 AM
    • Marked as answer by Challen Fu Sunday, April 22, 2012 9:47 AM
    Thursday, April 12, 2012 9:22 PM

All replies

• Hi,

you can try click on the refresh button which is available inside power pivot window.

==================================

Please mark as answer if helpful.

Thursday, April 12, 2012 10:00 AM
  • If 'Refresh' does not work, you can go into the 'Table Properties'. When you click 'Table Properties' you will see the updated column. Check the column. Once you check the column, the data will be loaded back in to the table. 

Words offer the means to meaning, and for those who will listen, the enunciation of truth - V for Vendetta.

• Proposed as answer by Challen Fu Friday, April 13, 2012 9:31 AM
    • Marked as answer by Challen Fu Sunday, April 22, 2012 9:47 AM
    Thursday, April 12, 2012 9:22 PM
  • In PowerPivot, go to Design tab and choose Existing Connections, then pick your "PowerPivot Data Connections" and choose Open, then select your table, and to Preview and Filter, check the new column you desire, click "OK".

-- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights

Thursday, April 12, 2012 11:09 PM