Can someone spell out the basics for me please ? RRS feed

• Question

• User713711876 posted
    Hi Guys, I have been writing ASP.Net web apps for 3 years now and would like to add a VERY basic Mobile Phone option to one particular application. All the mobile user has to do is type in an account code and press the submit button for a list of items to be displayed. Behind the scenes, the submit button hits the database and binds to a mobile:List It works fine for a normal browser, but the single phone that I have tested with so far, I can only get as far a seeing the text box and submit button. When I enter the account code and press the submit button - I get an error message. Ignoring the exact message for now, can someone please advise what settings need to be in the web.config file for me to support as many mobile devices as possible without spending too much time digging into compatability issues. In other words - please spell out the basics of what is required to get a simple mobile web application working. Thanks in Advance, Steve.
    Sunday, January 16, 2005 7:17 AM

All replies

• User-95607119 posted
    To avoid mark-up errors for WAP-only sites you may add the following tags to your web.config file between <system.web></system.web>. <browserCaps> preferredRenderingType = "wml11" preferredRenderingMime = "text/vnd.wap.wml" </browserCaps>
    Wednesday, January 19, 2005 5:56 AM