BizTalk Jobs on Azure RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a production environment, in which the SQL Servers are in as Always On Availability Group .

When we configure BizTalk, we point to the Always On Availability Group listener.

The BizTalk jobs are created on the Always On Availability Group listener.

The 2 SQL Servers at the backend, Do I need to configure the SQL Jobs on both the SQL Servers ? I can create a backup folder on any of the backend SQL Server and point the job to that Server folder.

The DBA team asked me to create the BizTalk Jobs on both the SQL Servers. Is this correct ?

Regards,

Wednesday, February 6, 2019 10:51 AM

All replies

• First, do you really need to use AOAG?  Azure has proven so reliable that I view AOAG with BizTalk as unnecessary complication in most cases, as it is on-premise.

BizTalk Configuration and BizTalk Administrator will add the necessary SQL Jobs wherever they are required.  You should not have to manually add them anywhere unless you're setting up Log Shipping DR.

Don't let the DBA's push you around.  The BizTalk databases are part of BizTalk, not SQL and the DBA's should have as little contact with them as possible.

Friday, February 8, 2019 3:05 PM
  • In case you will use AOAG please don't forget modify all SQL jobs to run only on primary replica.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/biztalk/core/high-availability-using-sql-server-always-on-availability-groups

Monday, February 11, 2019 8:12 AM