Reportviewer LANDSCAPE problem RRS feed

• Question

•  Hello all

I have many landscapes reports. I need change printer setting to Landscape in code....
    but reportviewer printer settings is not accessable! but whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy? :(

i can use Render for print and export, but i`ll show preview in lanscape mode...

A QUESTION! Reportviewer is a product of Microsoft really???? but why is not flexible?
    Reportviewer maked me SMOKER!!!

thankfully...
    Abbas Keshvari --->    Before use Report viewer :-)       ........       after use Report Viewer :-(

Abbas Keshvari... Web Developer and Programmer
    • Edited by Abbas Keshvari Thursday, July 17, 2008 6:13 AM landscapes to landscapes!
    Thursday, July 17, 2008 6:12 AM

All replies

• It is an omission (and one that we intend to correct in the future) that the print settings from the report definition can't be overridden for the built in print functionality, though you can always print manually as a workaround.  However, a report will print landscape if the width is greater than the height, as specified in the report definition.  Do you see this problem if you set the report PageSize properties?
    Friday, July 18, 2008 9:01 PM
  • Hi Brian Hartman 

My application have many Beginner Users. they print many report every day and they should set PaperSetup every once...

All part of my Application is user friendly than reporting....

mmmmm.. when you resolve this problem? i can wait... but if my users want me to resolve the problem, i should use another reporting tools..... BUT I LIKE MICROSOFT ONLY

thankfully...

Saturday, July 19, 2008 5:39 AM
  • MICROSOFT?????  i need landscape report.... it`s a bug? it`s an omission.... it`s a ............... but i need landscape report!
    Tuesday, July 22, 2008 5:07 AM
  •            

Type tip = reportViewer1.GetType();
                FieldInfo[] pr = tip.GetFields(BindingFlags.Instance | BindingFlags.NonPublic);
                System.Drawing.Printing.PageSettings ps = new System.Drawing.Printing.PageSettings();
                ps.Landscape = true;
                ///ps......

foreach (FieldInfo item in pr)
                {
                    if (item.Name == "m_pageSettings")
                    {
                        item.SetValue(reportViewer1, ps);

}
                }
    Tuesday, August 5, 2008 11:06 AM
  • language barrier problem?  Not sure, all my reports are landscape except one, which is a late letter, and I do that in portrait.

Works quite easily for me, just like Brian Described.  Set the page settings when you design the report and it all works out fine. 

is there some reason it needs to change on the fly?
    Living my life at 123mph in 11.15 seconds
    Tuesday, August 5, 2008 4:13 PM
  • Open the .rdlc file using Report Designer. Then from the menu choose Report > Report Properties. In Report Properties dialog switch to Layout tab.

In the Report Properties dialog if you set Page width to 8.27in and Page height to 11.69in then the Page Setup dialog of ReportViewer defaults to A4.

In the Report Properties dialog if you set Page width to 11.69in and Page height to 8.27in then the Page Setup dialog of ReportViewer defaults to A4, and Orientation defaults to Landscape.
    • Proposed as answer by vikking_vb Wednesday, December 3, 2008 10:10 AM
    Tuesday, September 2, 2008 11:56 AM
  • thanks srini
    Thursday, November 20, 2008 10:31 PM
  • In the Report Properties , In the Layout tab try to put the value of "page's width" in to the "page's height" textbox and vice versa.
    • Proposed as answer by James12314909 Wednesday, January 5, 2011 6:36 PM
    Wednesday, December 3, 2008 10:08 AM
  • Is it possible design a single rdlc with portrait and landscape. i need to do a design for my first view pages are portrait and next pages are landscape in my rdlc. i export the report to pdf all pages looks portait. help me
    Thursday, July 14, 2011 10:20 AM
  • Interesting way of seeing the future. Posted in 2008. Now 2014 :-)
    Thursday, September 18, 2014 11:09 AM
  • This work for NAV 2015 as well. 
    Tuesday, September 27, 2016 5:32 PM