none
reenter credential every day

Question

• Hi All.

Every day where I open Visual Studio 2015 I see explanation mark that required to reenter my credential. Is possible to resign on permanent bases?

Thanks

Thursday, August 11, 2016 3:46 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi zleug,

Thanks for your post.

Could you please tell me what's the credential you mean? If possible, please provide us a screenshot of your UI.

By the way, please upgrade your VS2015 to the latest version VS2015 Update3. The issue might be solved.

Reference:

#We recommend users upgrade to the latest version of Visual Studio which has incorporated this fix.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-sg/kb/3061894

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Friday, August 12, 2016 3:10 AM
  • Hi Lake. Thanks for replay.

I'm using Visual Studio 2015 with Update 3. Every day when I open VS I have the same in top right corner of the screen

Thanks

• Edited by zleug Friday, August 12, 2016 4:37 PM
    Friday, August 12, 2016 1:49 PM
  • Hi zheug,

Thanks for your response.

How about changing a Microsoft account? Does it have the same problem.

Please try running your Visual Studio in Safe mode to Check whether some add-ins and extensions affect it (devenv /safemode)

Also reset the settings of your Visual Studio.(Tools->Import and Export Settings->Reset all settings) 

If above suggestions have no help. Please try to did a repair of your Visual Studio.

In addition, I did a research of the error message and I found a lot of members have encountered the same issue. And they have already logged this issue to the Microsoft Connect:

https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/1097260/an-error-has-occurred-and-we-can-no-longer-retrieve-user-information-for-please-reenter-your-credentials-for-this-account

But the issue was not fixed. I suggest you could add your comments to the connect report or open a new connect report to the Microsoft Connect. I think this might be issue in Visual Studio.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Saturday, August 13, 2016 1:10 AM