Need to store Time Series data forever RRS feed

• Question

• From what I read about Azure Time Series Insights it only allows to store data for a maximum of 400 days. I have som data I need to store forever. Does that mean I cannot use Time Series Insights?
    Wednesday, November 27, 2019 8:31 AM

All replies

• @JacobGudbjerg

Apologies for the delay in response.

Your understanding is correct regarding the 400 days of retention period. It doesn’t mean that you cannot use Azure Time Series Insights.

To give more context, each of your Azure Time Series Insights environments has a setting that controls Data retention time. The value spans from 1 to 400 days. The data is deleted based on the environment storage capacity or retention duration, whichever comes first.

Additionally, your Azure Time Series Insights environment has a Storage limit exceeded behavior setting. It controls ingress and purge behavior when the max capacity of an environment is reached. There are two behaviors to choose from when configuring it:

• Purge old data (default)
    • Pause ingress

I suggest you, go through the documentation for more details to Understand data retention in Azure Time Series Insights.

You can also use event sources to collect, process and store time series data. For more details, please refer Data storage and ingress in Azure Time Series Insights Preview and Plan your Azure Time Series Insights GA environment.

Also, please provide your feedback on the UserVoice and upvote. All the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

P.S. I am also checking on this internally to provide more updates.

Wednesday, December 4, 2019 7:08 AM
  • @JacobGudbjerg

Update:

Our existing S1/S2 SKUs tiers which are in GA will continue to be in limited capacity mode for data retention (up to 400 days). However, we have next revision to our product, with TSI PAYG(Preview) SKU which is in public preview. You will get multi layered storage options in addition to all other new functionalities.

Please check this documentation and pricing page for more details.

If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post and/or click Answered "Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered and/or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster.

Friday, December 6, 2019 10:55 AM
  • @JacobGudbjerg

Did you get a chance to see the above response? Do let us know if you have any queries.

If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post and/or click Answered "Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered and/or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster.

Monday, December 9, 2019 4:58 AM