Expression Blend 2 SP1 Bug??? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I've two Silverlight 2 Projects. One Project I can open, after I change or add a control in the page.xaml, Expression Blend 2 SP1 become an Exception was thrown Error. When I save and reopen the project the page.xaml will show in the design modus and there's no error, else I change or add anything.

I've a second project. I can open the project, when I click on page.xaml to load it to design, I get directly an error message: Blend has encountered an unrecoverable internal error and must close. Do you want to save your work?

VS2008 don't show any error and the applications will run without any problems! In VS2008 I can open the page.xaml and see the preview design.

I've try to uninstall Blend2 and install it again, but the errors are the same.

Can someone help me?

Best Regards

Dirk

Thursday, November 6, 2008 5:37 AM

Answers

• Hi Dirk,

Did you use "Converter" in your XAML?  Somebody has reported but I was failed to reproduce it.   However, in your condition, we suggest that we'd better use an exclusive method to narrow down the issue.   We can remove unnecessary parts away from your code and have a test.

Best regards,

Jonathan

Tuesday, November 11, 2008 3:04 AM

All replies

• Do you see this same behavior if you try and edit a new silverlight 2 app in expression blend 2 sp 1?  Maybe there is something in the projects causing the problems in blend

Thursday, November 6, 2008 6:44 AM
  • Hi Dirk,

Did you use "Converter" in your XAML?  Somebody has reported but I was failed to reproduce it.   However, in your condition, we suggest that we'd better use an exclusive method to narrow down the issue.   We can remove unnecessary parts away from your code and have a test.

Best regards,

Jonathan

Tuesday, November 11, 2008 3:04 AM
  • I've test something. In my last test, I've create a new silverlight 2.0 solution under VS 2008 SP1 in C#. Then I openend the project in Blend 2 Sp1 and designed my application. I added my codebehind in VS. All works fine. Then I change the startup page to default.aspx. After I start the application in VS 2008, I get in Blend an error in line 1 <UserControl>, when I change or add a control. When I restart Blend the project will show the page with the new control. But it crash every time, when I change or add a control. It isn't productiv to restart Blend after any change of the page.xaml.

<UserControl x:Class="ScreenViper_1.Page"

xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml/presentation"

xmlns:x="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml"

xmlns:d="http://schemas.microsoft.com/expression/blend/2008"

xmlns:mc="http://schemas.openxmlformats.org/markup-compatibility/2006"

mc:Ignorable="d"

xmlns:ctl="clr-namespace:ScreenViper_1"

xmlns:System_Windows_Controls="clr-namespace:System.Windows.Controls;assembly=System.Windows.Controls"

xmlns:C1_Silverlight="clr-namespace:C1.Silverlight;assembly=C1.Silverlight"

xmlns:c1x="clr-namespace:C1.Silverlight.Extended;assembly=C1.Silverlight.Extended"

xmlns:ColorPicker="clr-namespace:ColorPicker;assembly=ColorPicker"

xmlns:liquid="clr-namespace:Liquid;assembly=Liquid"

Width="Auto" Height="Auto" xmlns:C1_Silverlight_Extended="clr-namespace:C1.Silverlight.Extended;assembly=C1.Silverlight.Extended">

Best Regards

Dirk

Monday, December 1, 2008 9:48 AM
  •  Hi Dirk,

I have made a sample based on description and in strict accordance with your steps.   With the default namespace and added DataGrid and Calendar,  it works locally.  Dirk, would you please move the reference, namespace and controls away from your sample and narrow down the problem.  For this kind of issues, we'd better first get which control caused this issue.  If it is raised by the third-part controls, we suggest you contact the provider.

Thanks for you understanding.

Best regards,

Jonathan

Monday, December 1, 2008 9:08 PM