none
App is still not findable in the store

Question

• My application passed certification a couple off days ago. In the meantime I've already developed an other app.

The new app also passed certification. When I search for both apps, only one app apears to be in the store. Also when I search on my name, it still gives me one app.

The link to my other app is:

http://apps.microsoft.com/windows/app/belgian-railinfo/913b5d63-914d-41cc-a4be-1be4d5233728

But when I search on the keywords I've entered, the store doesn't find my app.

Grtz

Steve

Saturday, January 25, 2014 7:42 AM

Answers

All replies

• Join the club! It's been three weeks for my App, it's still not listed! It's a miracle it has got 70 downloads, god knows how people found it!!!

Saturday, January 25, 2014 6:29 PM
  • 3 weeks, that seems to be a long time? Is there any way to get in touch with the Microsoft dev center?

I've read the guidelines and it seems that an app takes approximately 24 hours after certification to be listed in the store.

(It seems that applications are getting randomly in the store, Microsoft doesn't submit the apps chronology)

Sunday, January 26, 2014 9:56 AM
  • Hey guys,

Have you checked to make sure your PCs are set to regions that your app was made available in? There may also be a conflict with the input language, as well. If it has been three weeks and you are still having trouble finding your app in the Store, I would suggest you submit a support request for assistance.

Thanks for the post!

-Jonathan

Windows Store Developer Support

Office Store Developer Support

Thursday, January 30, 2014 11:47 PM
  • Thanks Jonathan,

- My App (Kalliope Media Player) is available in All Regions

- My Dev Acc is from India

- I submitted the App while I was in UK

- I tried with both Regions Settings UK and India (in UK and India)

- Couldn't see the App for 3 weeks in store (in fact now also it doesn't come up if I filter using All App under Audio & Video category). However, I am now in India and if I start typing the name out in the search box I eventually see the App. This implies that unless people know the name of my App they wouldn't know what to look for. A generic search for 'Media Player' returns a trash load of dysfunctional apps but doesn't list mine. Pretty sad state of Store Search I'll say!

• Edited by sumitkm77 Friday, January 31, 2014 6:45 AM added [- I tried with both Regions Settings UK and India (in UK and India)]
    Friday, January 31, 2014 6:40 AM