none
windows 7 easy transfer probleme "cannot open file" RRS feed

• Question

• I did the easy transfer on the win7 ver 86 on the "same computer" using different had drives. subsequently to preforming the restore I manuallly copied and pasted the easy transfer file to one of the other (4) hard drives to make romm for the install on my drive of choice. Aftarwards i found WET cannot open the file. So I am keeping the easy transfer foldr in case i find a way to open the contents which I really would like to havve "old pictures of family".  It is a 70 gig Mig file along with all the files that come when you do an easy transfer. To complicate matters I have since switched my system to the 64 bit version. this week I will be installing the RTM. Howevr I will kjeep this 70 gig windows transfer file inhopes that there is a way to access individual files. I am no longer interested in having the easy transfer rstore all my settings. I simply want to get at the "My Pictures" file and maybe the "my docum,ents"

Right now when I run the easy transfer program and go thjrou the motions it just says "cannot open file"

Thanks in advance for any help and for moving this to a more approppriate forum if needed.

Davgai
    Wednesday, August 5, 2009 6:41 AM

Answers

All replies