none
VS 2012 > Model Browser > Entity Types BUG RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone,

Have You experience this bug ever?

Open Model Browser in VS 2012, go in the section Entity Types, choose one entity, right click on it and press Delete from Model.

When the delete dialog pops out, press NO. It is normal that after pressing NO the selected entity type is not deleted. In my case the entity type was deleted and after i was unable to add or refresh the entity type into the model.

The entity type was in the data store but it was not it in the conceptual model.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Goce

Goce Bogdanovski

Friday, April 12, 2013 10:37 AM

Answers

• Hi Goce,

I tried the steps and found there are actual some difference. If you want to keep the model in the designer, we should click Cancel rather than No.

The message box shows that "The following tables and views in the store model will no longer be mapped. Do you want them deleted?" It actually means whether you want to delete the tables defined in SSDL. If clicking Yes, both related CSDL and SSDL will be deleted. If clicking No, SSDL will be kept.

You can try to open the .edmx file using XML editor to find the difference.

Best regards,

Chester Hong
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, April 16, 2013 8:44 AM

All replies

• Hi Goce,

I involved Data expert to further look at this issue. I am moving your thread into the ADO.NET Entity Framework and LINQ to Entities Forum for dedicated support. Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Jack Zhai [MSFT]
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, April 15, 2013 5:31 AM
  • Hi Goce,

I tried the steps and found there are actual some difference. If you want to keep the model in the designer, we should click Cancel rather than No.

The message box shows that "The following tables and views in the store model will no longer be mapped. Do you want them deleted?" It actually means whether you want to delete the tables defined in SSDL. If clicking Yes, both related CSDL and SSDL will be deleted. If clicking No, SSDL will be kept.

You can try to open the .edmx file using XML editor to find the difference.

Best regards,

Chester Hong

Tuesday, April 16, 2013 8:44 AM