VSTS build alerts via email or Slack not working RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to configure alerts for failed builds.  I've tried the regular VSTS alerts via email as well as using Slack integration.  Neither are working for me.  I was able to try the "Test" button for Slack integration and it does successfully send a test message, but when builds complete I don't receive any notifications.

I changed the settings to send notifications for all builds and all results just to see if anything would get through and still nothing.  I also tried it on both local build agents and a hosted VSTS agent.  How can I troubleshoot this?

Monday, July 25, 2016 8:07 PM

All replies

• Hello Andy Z Tangoe,

Please Make sure your firewall is configured to allow communications between TFS and your SMTP server and let us know the feedback.

Regards,

Tuesday, July 26, 2016 2:16 PM
  • Want to make sure I am clear. Using Team Services are you are unable to receive email notifications upon build completion? 
    Wednesday, July 27, 2016 8:41 PM
  • I have configured VSTS to send emails and Slack messages upon completion of a build.  When running the builds on local agents or on hosted agents I do not receive any notifications.  I am able to receive Slack notifications when I press the "Test" button on the Service Hooks tab where the Slack alert configuration is specified.

I'm not sure if the issue is something that I'm doing wrong or an issue with VSTS.  For the email notifications are the emails being sent by the agent or by the cloud hosted VSTS itself?  If it is being done by the agent then how is the SMTP configuration specified for local and hosted agents?

Any help which you can provide in diagnosing and correcting this issue would be wonderful.

Thanks,

Andy

Thursday, July 28, 2016 12:54 PM