none
How to ensure any AI log is searchable

Question

• Hi,

I have QA and UAT environment connected to AI with default configuration. They differ only in daily limit
    The problem is I cannot search particular trace message in my UAT environment. However I could see them logged when using Live Metrics Stream 

Is there a way to ensure I could search same trace log on both environments?

Thanks 

Monday, November 26, 2018 5:32 AM

All replies

• How exactly do you have your QA and UAT environments connected to AI?  We have documentation on sharing a single Application Insights resource that may be helpful here:

"The key technique here is to send telemetry from every component in your application to the same Application Insights resource, but use the cloud_RoleName property to distinguish components when necessary. The Application Insights SDK adds the cloud_RoleNameproperty to the telemetry components emit. For example, the SDK will add a web site name, or service role name to the cloud_RoleName property. You can override this value with a telemetryinitializer. The Application Map uses the cloud_RoleNameproperty to identify the components on the map.

For more information about how do override the cloud_RoleName property see Add properties: ITelemetryInitializer."

Wednesday, November 28, 2018 11:45 PM