How do you do a WinRT background task in VB.Net

Question

• I'm trying to make a WinRT background task in VB.Net, there is no code samples in VB.Net and it was years since the last time I used any C... Is Microsoft trying to kill VB, because in WinRT there are tons of samples for C++/C# and only a few very basic ones for VB...

Could you provide at least sample code in the documentation to do it in VB ?

Thursday, October 23, 2014 2:06 AM

Answers

All replies

• See Supporting your app with background tasks and the Introduction to Background Tasks whitepaper for an overview of background tasks.

Jamles already discussed VB samples with you last week and pointed you at the appropriate venue for requests. I'll just add that C# and VB are quite similar so you can probably make pretty good headway reading the C# samples even if you can't write C#. There are several translation programs that can help you convert the samples from C# to VB if you need.

--Rob

• Marked as answer by ClementM Thursday, October 23, 2014 11:34 PM
    Thursday, October 23, 2014 3:11 AM
    Owner
  • Dis add the request... Just tought someone already done it, maybe a blog post. The c# samples are doing fine for Most of the feature I need but anyway I made a Windows service since I dont need to pass validation for LOB. I do really enjoy the new API it's Fast and fluid. But I try to get the Most out of it and sometime it Can get really frustrating being one line from the solution... Anyway Nice job on This one.
    Thursday, October 23, 2014 11:44 PM