MIIS export to SQL Server 2000 RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to manage user information between Active Directory and SQL Server 2000, both on the same computer, using MIIS. I have successfully imported (staged and sync'd) information between Active Directory and MIIS, and between SQL Server 2000 and MIIS. I verified that all imported user information is existent in the MIIS metaverse.

The issue I am having is when I try to import new users from the MIIS metaverse to my SQL Server 2000 database. I believe that I have mapped attributes for export correctly, and have set up my SQL connection and user correctly.

I can successfully log into SQL Query Analyzer with that same user and perform an insert on the table I have mapped.

Within MIIS, I have set up an Export Run Profile. When I run this profile, I get a successful connection status and no error messages.

ISSUE: No user information is exported from MIIS to SQL Server. All my counts for adds, updated, deletes, delete adds, and renames are 0.

Any insight or suggestions for resolution to this issue will be appreciated.

Thanks...

Thursday, April 20, 2006 9:22 PM

Answers

• Hello Donna

The MIIS architecture is a little different from what we are used to in similar infrastrucutre based tools (such as ADC, etc).

I suggest you start of by understanding the fundamentals of MIIS by reading the MIIS Technical Reference (found on www.microsoft.com/miis) - and then to do the MIIS Walkthrough Scearios (also on the MIIS download page). This will show you how the concepts of provisioning works.

You will need to create MV Extension code in either C# or VB.NET to enable provisioning of new records to you SQL database. Jst creating export flow rules will not create new records; they will merely update the attributes of existing (joined) records.

HTH

-Al

Sunday, June 11, 2006 12:42 PM