none
Error Uploading Access Web App .app package RRS feed

• Question

• I am getting the following error when trying to upload a .app snapshot of an Access Web App to SharePoint in Office 365:

Originally I had this application on another subsite.  I opened the app in Access and saved a snapshot of it (two times to be safe).  I then tried adding the app to another subsite and got the error above.  I then made sure the original application was deleted and the recycle bin was emptied. I also had an administrator clear out the second level recycle bin.  The original subsite the app was on has been deleted and all of the recycle bins are cleared and I am still getting the same error.

We are entirely in an Office 365 environment so I do not have the ability to change the version in an .xml file.  Currently all I have is the .app file and no way to upload it to SharePoint or open and modify the version which is what I have found from a lot of searching.  Is there a solution to this?  A few weeks of work has been put into the Access Web App and I'm afraid of losing all of that effort.

Tuesday, December 20, 2016 10:22 PM

All replies

• Hi cstid,

I find that your issue is related with sharepoint.

but this forum only handles the issues regarding Access Object Model.

so for better response and better solution for your issue I move this thread to correct and best suitable sharepoint forum.

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, December 21, 2016 3:34 AM
  • Hi,

Please try to change the AppId, you can do so by unzipping the .app file and rebuild it through Visual Studio.

Murugesa Pandian | MCPD | MCTS | SharePoint 2010 |

Wednesday, December 21, 2016 4:40 AM
  • I did not realize the .app file is a zip archive.  I'm able to extract it and change the version number in the .xml file.  I'm not exactly sure how to create a project in Visual Studio from an existing .app after it has been extracted though to rebuild it.
    Wednesday, December 21, 2016 3:09 PM
  • Hi,

If you extract the .app file, you will see the .wsp file. extract the WSP file and you could see the four folders named content, images,scripts and Pages.

Now create the hosted app project in visual studio, replace the all default files with above extracted files and publish the solution.

But, It looks you are trying to save as list template and reuse it to create the new access app.

So access App will be unique to each site collection.

Murugesa Pandian | MCPD | MCTS | SharePoint 2010 |

Saturday, December 24, 2016 12:34 PM