none
Excel Month View OCX RRS feed

• Question

• Would appreciate if anyone can give any input or suggestion for the below issue.

One of our clients has several VBA macros in excel 2013 with the date picker control in VBA. All are working fine in 2008R2.

He copied the same VBA and tried in 2012R2 /excel 2013. Date picker control was not available. I did some research and learned that Microsoft packed the control as .ocx which we need to download/copy and register it. He did this and its showing up in excel but when he closes Excel, it is gone and sometimes its not showing up in the control tool bar as well.

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Monday, January 15, 2018 5:23 AM

All replies

• Hi Hola,

Thanks for visiting our forum.

Then here we mainly focus on general issues about Excel client user interface, since your query is related to Date picker control, I'll move your thread to the dedicated MSDN forum for Excel for better response.

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, January 16, 2018 5:18 AM
  • Hi Hola IT GUY,

I try to download mscomct2.ocx file.

You can download it from link below.

Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0 Common Controls

-> I extract the zip file.

-> copy the file to C:\Windows\SysWoW64. As i am using 64 bit system.

• On Windows 32-bit: C:\Windows\System32
    • On Windows 64-bit: C:\Windows\SysWoW64

-> Open the Command Prompt as Administrator.

-> Register the .ocx file as below.

C:\Windows\SysWoW64\regsvr32.exe mscomct2.ocx

-> Registered successfully.

-> Go to Excel find the Control and Add the control on the Sheet.

I open / close file many times. control is displaying properly.

If it is not displaying properly then i suggest you to again copy a new .ocx file and register it again and check if issue get solved or not.

It is possible that .ocx file get corrupt and because of that you are facing this issue.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, January 18, 2018 2:05 AM
  • Hi Hola IT GUY,

Is your issue solved?

I find that you did not follow up this thread after posting the issue.

If your issue is solved then I suggest you to post your solution and mark it as an answer.

If your issue is still exist then try to refer the solution given by the community members.

If then also you have any further questions then let us know about it.

We will try to provide further suggestions to solve the issue.

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, January 24, 2018 9:09 AM