How do you make a native WPF control? Or can you make Intel Media SDK a native component? RRS feed

• Question

• OR how can you integrate the Intel Media SDK into WPF  so you can play video and have the semi transparent window overlay power of WPF?

Thanks..

Bob

bfxtech.com
    Saturday, December 18, 2010 4:11 PM

Answers

• Hi btasa,

Unfortunately, it is hard to how (or is it even possible) to make a native WPF control that uses Intel Media SDK, because that SDK is not our product. I think you may try to ask it in the Intel related support forum. And I just can share some ideas, but they may not correct. You could try to handle the media data by the APIs from  Intel Media SDK, and dissociate the WPF UI with the media data handling. If Intel Media SDK publishs the APIs that we can use them in CLR, and I think we could try to change/chieve this goal. But for details, we may need to read and consult Intel Media SDK document/forum.

However, the WPF Media Kit project on CodePlex is a good sample of making a native WPF control in for similar purposes.

Sincerely,
    Bob Bao

MSDN Subscriber Support in Forum 

If you have any feedback on our support, please contact msdnmg@microsoft.com

Bob Bao [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by btasa Monday, December 20, 2010 8:14 PM
    Monday, December 20, 2010 8:19 AM

All replies

• Hi btasa,

Unfortunately, it is hard to how (or is it even possible) to make a native WPF control that uses Intel Media SDK, because that SDK is not our product. I think you may try to ask it in the Intel related support forum. And I just can share some ideas, but they may not correct. You could try to handle the media data by the APIs from  Intel Media SDK, and dissociate the WPF UI with the media data handling. If Intel Media SDK publishs the APIs that we can use them in CLR, and I think we could try to change/chieve this goal. But for details, we may need to read and consult Intel Media SDK document/forum.

However, the WPF Media Kit project on CodePlex is a good sample of making a native WPF control in for similar purposes.

Sincerely,
    Bob Bao

MSDN Subscriber Support in Forum 

If you have any feedback on our support, please contact msdnmg@microsoft.com

Bob Bao [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by btasa Monday, December 20, 2010 8:14 PM
    Monday, December 20, 2010 8:19 AM
  • Hey Bob I marked it as the answer. Have not read the code yet but it seemed like something that would work.

Question.. there is no guide for this? Even vbx controls had that. :-)

bfxtech.com
    Monday, December 20, 2010 8:18 PM