Send Emails in Sharepoint 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    I want to send an email to a members of SharePoint group at the time when user clicks on Submit button. Please help me in achieving this functionality.
    ThankYou.
    Wednesday, January 5, 2011 6:54 AM

Answers

• When the user clicks submit button on what?

What have you tried so far?  Did you try anything before asking?  You can set alerts for yourself or for others, but these are a bit limited.  You can also build a simple workflow that sends an email to a specific group of people with anything you want in the body of the email, but you didn't give us any details.

SharePoint Architect || Microsoft MVP || My Blog
    Planet Technologies || SharePoint Task Force
    Wednesday, January 5, 2011 7:05 AM

All replies

• please provide more details is your submit button on a custom web part or its a submit button of a list/library or anything else.

if its a submit button of a list/library you can set alerts 

Best Regards, Ashutosh | My Blog Site
    Wednesday, January 5, 2011 6:57 AM
  • When the user clicks submit button on what?

What have you tried so far?  Did you try anything before asking?  You can set alerts for yourself or for others, but these are a bit limited.  You can also build a simple workflow that sends an email to a specific group of people with anything you want in the body of the email, but you didn't give us any details.

SharePoint Architect || Microsoft MVP || My Blog
    Planet Technologies || SharePoint Task Force
    Wednesday, January 5, 2011 7:05 AM
  • As suggested by Cobb, You can build a simple workflow  to send emails to a sharepoint group or you write your custom c# code using SMTP Client to send the emails.

vinod kumar Bhasyam
    Wednesday, January 5, 2011 9:43 AM
  • Hi,
    I apologise for providing insufficient information in my above post. The Submit button is on a custom webpart. This webpart has an enquiry form that a user will fill and submit. The details of the user will be added in a sharepoint list. I am able to do this. At the same time an email has to be send to a group of moderators(sharepoint group).
    Wednesday, January 5, 2011 11:03 AM
  • You can set a alert on the SharePoint list where you are saving the information to send a alert as soon as new entry is made to the list 

you can follow the link to add a alert

http://www.fpweb.net/sharepoint-tutorials/wss-v3/alerts/set-email-alert/

Best Regards, Ashutosh | My Blog Site
    Wednesday, January 5, 2011 11:10 AM