How to show ribbon button under powerpoint menu RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all

I have an Add-in app running on Powerpoint,  Before publishing to office store,  I installed the app locally through my sharepoint link(Add an address in Trusted Add-in Catalogs). But the ribbon button cannot be showed under some ppt menu, only showed under My Add-ins dropdown menu. That is not nice for users. What did I miss in the manifest or something? What should I do?

By the way, If I run the app through VS directly(debugging), the ribbon button can be showed under Power point Home menu.

Wednesday, August 1, 2018 7:46 AM

All replies

• Hello Catherine_Xiao,

I think you can try to follow the steps below to show ribbon button under powerpoint menu

1.Click the right button on the tab.

2.Choose "Customize the ribbon" then you can see a pop-up window

3.Choose the "Add-ins" option

Best Regards,

Yuki

Wednesday, August 1, 2018 9:48 AM
  • Hi Catherine_Xiao,

Based on the description, you were developing an Office add-in and the ribbon button doesn't show up in some of presentation.

This behavior is expected. To make the add-in work, we need to enable the add-in for the specific presentation as you described(Insert the add-in using Add-in drop-down menu).  After that, the ribbon button should appear for this specific presentation.

Please feel free to let me know if I misunderstood.

Regards & Fei

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, August 7, 2018 2:46 AM