none
debug app for office on office online RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I want to test the task pane app for office which I created and haven't published on office online, but I cannot find a way. In the project properties, I already selected Internet Explorer from "Start Action", but it doesn't work. It keeps asking me to input Site URL.

Can anyone tell me?

Many thanks~

• Edited by holm0104 Monday, January 26, 2015 3:13 AM
    Monday, January 26, 2015 2:57 AM

Answers

• Hi holm0104,

According to the description, you want to debug the apps for Office for the Office online.

To debug for the Office onine, we need to provide a SharePoint site which host the Office online. That's the reason that Visual Studio needs us to provide the site URL.

Also you can get more detail about debuging for apps for Office from link below:
    Debug your app in Visual Studio

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, January 27, 2015 5:21 AM

All replies

• Hi holm0104,

According to the description, you want to debug the apps for Office for the Office online.

To debug for the Office onine, we need to provide a SharePoint site which host the Office online. That's the reason that Visual Studio needs us to provide the site URL.

Also you can get more detail about debuging for apps for Office from link below:
    Debug your app in Visual Studio

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Tuesday, January 27, 2015 5:21 AM
  • Hi Fei Xue,

Thanks for your reply. 

I also want to ask if I can use the free version of office online to debug. If so, which site url do I need to input?

Thanks! 

Tuesday, January 27, 2015 9:27 AM
  • Hi holm0104,

>>I also want to ask if I can use the free version of office online to debug. If so, which site url do I need to input?<<

No, there is no free version of Office online to debug.

Regards & Fei

Monday, February 2, 2015 10:52 AM