none
EWS | Calculate how long the user reply to the message or read the message RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Experts,

Could you please guide me is there any way to use EWS to calculate how long the user reply to the message or read the message? such as, the recipient read my message after 3 minutes since the message arrived or the recipient reply to my message after 2 hours since the message arrived.

Best regards,
    Shelly

Tuesday, March 6, 2018 3:01 AM

Answers

• No accessing the Audit log using any of the Mailbox API's would be a security flaw, the audit logs have a very specific purpose and very specific security restrictions to maintain the integrity of the logs. Cheers Glen
    • Marked as answer by Shelly Zhou Friday, March 9, 2018 9:31 AM
    Wednesday, March 7, 2018 9:59 PM

All replies

• Exchange doesn't track the DateTime a Message was read so you would need either a ReadRecipient (and a client that responds to this appropriately) or you need to enable ReadTracking https://practical365.com/exchange-server/tracking-read-email-messages-exchange-server/

For the ReplyTime see https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/exchange/en-US/5e8b9f92-9e73-46aa-a050-0e8280ca78f7/how-could-i-know-the-email-has-replied-and-the-reply-time-by-wes?forum=exchangesvrdevelopment

Tuesday, March 6, 2018 10:58 PM
  • Dear Glen,

Thank you very much for your quick response. 

It seems that Mailbox Audit log can track the message read time. In this situation, is there any way for us to use EWS to access Mailbox Audit log?

Best regards,

Shelly

Wednesday, March 7, 2018 1:41 AM
  • No accessing the Audit log using any of the Mailbox API's would be a security flaw, the audit logs have a very specific purpose and very specific security restrictions to maintain the integrity of the logs. Cheers Glen
    • Marked as answer by Shelly Zhou Friday, March 9, 2018 9:31 AM
    Wednesday, March 7, 2018 9:59 PM
  • Thank you Glen for your great help:)
    Friday, March 9, 2018 9:31 AM