sql server installed accounts RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All

i need to replace the SQL Service  account which is domain admin ..

i need to downgrade it so an simple ad account .

please do let us know what type of logins available to do this ..

Thanks  in advance 

Muthus 

k.muthus

Monday, October 8, 2018 11:02 AM

Answers

• Just go ahead and create a plain AD account, now use SQL Server configuration manager to change the service account to this new AD account when you do so SSCM will give the account "just" the sufficient privileges to act as service account. You do not have to manually give any permissions

Cheers,

Shashank

Please mark this reply as answer if it solved your issue or vote as helpful if it helped so that other forum members can benefit from it

My TechNet Wiki Articles

MVP

Monday, October 8, 2018 11:23 AM
    Answerer
  • any permission needed for it .. 

because it in ALWAYS on 

k.muthus

If you use domain account as SQL Server service account and configure AG via SSMS the connect permission on endpoints would be automatically given

Cheers,

Shashank

Please mark this reply as answer if it solved your issue or vote as helpful if it helped so that other forum members can benefit from it

My TechNet Wiki Articles

MVP

Thursday, October 11, 2018 10:08 AM
    Answerer

All replies

• https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/database-engine/configure-windows/configure-windows-service-accounts-and-permissions?view=sql-server-2017

Best Regards,Uri Dimant SQL Server MVP, http://sqlblog.com/blogs/uri_dimant/

MS SQL optimization: MS SQL Development and Optimization
    MS SQL Consulting: Large scale of database and data cleansing
    Remote DBA Services: Improves MS SQL Database Performance
    SQL Server Integration Services: Business Intelligence

Monday, October 8, 2018 11:05 AM
  • Just go ahead and create a plain AD account, now use SQL Server configuration manager to change the service account to this new AD account when you do so SSCM will give the account "just" the sufficient privileges to act as service account. You do not have to manually give any permissions

Cheers,

Shashank

My TechNet Wiki Articles

MVP

Monday, October 8, 2018 11:23 AM
    Answerer

because it in ALWAYS on 

k.muthus

Thursday, October 11, 2018 8:00 AM

because it in ALWAYS on 

k.muthus

If you use domain account as SQL Server service account and configure AG via SSMS the connect permission on endpoints would be automatically given

Cheers,

Shashank

My TechNet Wiki Articles

MVP

Thursday, October 11, 2018 10:08 AM
    Answerer