none
Error When Trying to add Service References In VS2008 ! RRS feed

• Question

• This is warning when i trying to add service references, i don't know ho to solve this error ..

add services
    This is a error when i add service references
    error

Thanks for helping !

• Moved by Jim Zhou - MSFT Monday, March 22, 2010 6:41 AM VS issues (From:Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF))
    • Moved by Esther FanMicrosoft employee Monday, March 22, 2010 3:47 PM (From:Visual Studio 2010 Architectural Discovery & Modeling Tools)
    Friday, March 19, 2010 3:33 AM

Answers

• Hi BB,

From your description, you're encountering some error when try to use "Add ServiceReference" to generate WCF proxy against a WCF service in visual studio 2008, correct?

According to the erro message, the error is raised from the Visual Studio internal object model (for generating the Contract types ffrom the WCF service metadata). Have you tried other WCF service(like a simple helloworld service) to see whether the error remains?  if the problem is occuring against any WCF service, it is likely the service reference component has something incorrectly, you can tried performing a Visual studio repair installation to see whether it can fix it.  Or if the problem only occur for this specific WCF service, we will need to look into the service and its configuration to see whether there is something special in the service that might cause the error.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Thursday, March 25, 2010 3:48 AM

All replies

• Hi BlackBlist,

This seems like a Visual Studio specific issue, so I am moving this thread to Visual Studio forum for more and quicker ideas.

Thanks.

Sincerely.

Jim Zhou -MSFT
    Monday, March 22, 2010 6:40 AM
  • Hi BB,

From your description, you're encountering some error when try to use "Add ServiceReference" to generate WCF proxy against a WCF service in visual studio 2008, correct?

According to the erro message, the error is raised from the Visual Studio internal object model (for generating the Contract types ffrom the WCF service metadata). Have you tried other WCF service(like a simple helloworld service) to see whether the error remains?  if the problem is occuring against any WCF service, it is likely the service reference component has something incorrectly, you can tried performing a Visual studio repair installation to see whether it can fix it.  Or if the problem only occur for this specific WCF service, we will need to look into the service and its configuration to see whether there is something special in the service that might cause the error.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Thursday, March 25, 2010 3:48 AM
  • I repaired installation my Visual Studio --> I fixed it.

Thanks Steven Cheng - MSFT and Jim Zhou - MSFT !

Sunday, March 28, 2010 1:49 PM